Here at Brighter Mondays we are all about spreading the love. We publish romantic poems every Monday for your enjoyment. Feel free to subscribe and receive our beautifully crafted poems about love directly to your inbox each and every Monday.

Monday, September 21, 2020

 

A Nightmare Disguised As a Daydream


Those blood red lips

Thick black hair

Mustn’t succumb to temptation

But I’m already there

 

You’re playing with my heart

Loose and fast

Embroiled in a love story

That can not last

 

I can’t do anything

But surrender to your eyes

Totally entranced

By the devil in disguise

 

My exposed emotions

You chop and dice

It’s a living hell

Dressed up as paradise

 

Release me from your spell

I’m so desperate to live

I’ve bestowed on you my soul

There’s nothing left to give

 

There were beautiful moments

Played out in the sunshine

It felt like forever

But you’ll never be mine

 

The dreams I harboured

Descended to dust

But life moves on

As it must

 

A fragment of time

That should have been ours

You promised me rainbows

But delivered showers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Will Be….For All Eternity Another star burns out Across a midnight sky But there’s one thing in life That can never die   A...