Here at Brighter Mondays we are all about spreading the love. We publish romantic poems every Monday for your enjoyment. Feel free to subscribe and receive our beautifully crafted poems about love directly to your inbox each and every Monday.

Monday, May 18, 2020


What Lies Over My Rainbow



Life is unpredictable

That much we know

But I can’t help but wonder

What lies over my rainbow



It’s a little unnerving

I have to confess

Will it be cloaked with failure

Or garnished with success



Will I find contentment

In the eyes of another

Drenched in beauty

A dark haired gorgeous lover



Will I fly among the stars

Dance on the moon

Strutting my stuff

To some funky Prince tune



Will I walk among angels

Dine lavishly with kings

Accepting gracefully

The fortune life brings



If seduced by riches

Capable of tearing me apart

Will I retain the values

I hold close to my heart



Will I muster the courage to battle

Demons that lie in wait

Rage against the establishment

Or simply accept my fate



Will I be driven by passion

Until I meet my end

Live without loss of enthusiasm

And crazy beautiful love, my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Will Be….For All Eternity Another star burns out Across a midnight sky But there’s one thing in life That can never die   A...