Here at Brighter Mondays we are all about spreading the love. We publish romantic poems every Monday for your enjoyment. Feel free to subscribe and receive our beautifully crafted poems about love directly to your inbox each and every Monday.

Monday, August 17, 2020

 

Before I Die


Let me live

Before I die

I’m tired of watching

Life pass me by

 

I can’t go to the grave

With the music still in me

Failing miserably

To fulfil my destiny

 

I want to visit places

I’ve only seen on TV

Fulfilling dreams

I can no longer see

 

I want to fall in love

Have my heart set on fire

Be enveloped in a kiss

Laced with passion and desire

 

I want to party till dawn

In some Nashville bar

Downing tequila

Strumming air guitar

 

I want to dance

In the purple rain

Feeling liberated

And young again

 

I want to gorge on burgers

Served with fine wine

With no thought

For my waistline

 

I want to ride rollercoaster’s

Without shutting my eyes

On fast bendy tracks

Riddled with wonder & surprise

 

I want to lay down each night

Feeling happy & satisfied

Not always succeeding

But knowing I tried

 

Before I die, I want a life

Punctuated with beauty

I won’t go to my grave

With the music still in me

No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Will Be….For All Eternity Another star burns out Across a midnight sky But there’s one thing in life That can never die   A...